Do you buy any TV series on DVD?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• No. They're so expensive and I can watch most episodes online whenever I want. If I ever had enough extra money I wouldn't feel bad buying the dvds, there are some I'd like to get. Firefly (can you even get that one?) NCIS, Castle, and some others I can't think of at the moment.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have only bought 2 series on DVD

Farscape
    Jumong

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do I! I brought House, Gilmore Girls and Golden Girls, The Office, Fraiser, Kitchen Nightmare, My Life on the D List, House wives and the list goes on.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• There are so many- Angel, Buffy, 24, Lost, Charmed, Party of five, Chapelle Show, Sex in the City, Drawn Together, Dawson's Creek- That is all I can think of right now
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have a few seasons of The Office, Band of Brothers, seasons 1 and 2 of True Blood, all the Family Guy box sets, and a couple of seasons of South Park.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The only series I've bought is all 10 seasons of Friends.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Good god, yes....

I have an entire display shelf dedicated to JUST my TV show DVDs. Most of my series are complete finally, but there's a few I need to round out like Smallville, One Tree Hill, Carnivale, and CSI. I buy shows on DVD when I know I'm going to watch them multiple times because it's cheaper than renting or cable.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:11 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Montanagal,

Yes, you can get Firefly. For good prices, check Amazon. Often, they have TV DVD sales on their Gold Box promotions. Also, I've had a lot of good luck with used DVDs from their sellers. Unless it's a set I *HAVE* to have new (like my Supernatural DVDs), I buy used a lot and usually get them for half of their retail price or less.

If Amazon isn't your thing, watch Target, because they often have 2-season packets of shows for $19.99 and around the holidays they have REALLY good sales. I think I got Firefly in one of their sales for $13.99, marked down from $27.99.

If you have a Costco card, watch their DVD section as well. I think I got the entire series of the Dead Zone there for about 40% of retail.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:20 PM on Nov. 12, 2010