What can I do for him?

My son is 3. He was fine this morning when we got up, maybe a little fussy. I had to go out, so we went for a ride for a couple hours, and my friend took us out to chinese for lunch. He didn't eat. He'd eaten toast before we left. While we were at the restaurant he kept fussing cause he wanted to come home (normal for him right now) so I told him to lay down and put his head on my lap. About 10 seconds later, he was asleep and slept until we woke him up to leave. When we got home, he snuggled with me on the couch until he fell asleep about half an hour later. He got up after an hour or so's nap, went potty. I asked him how he felt. He said his tummy hurt. He watched tv for a few minutes, and then fell back to sleep. He woke up a half hour ago, and said his stomach still hurt, and then he fell back to sleep. I'm worried. What can, or should, I do for him?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 4:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Take his temp. Try to get him to drink something. He'll either vomit, or he'll sleep it off and be fine. Is there any chance AT ALL that he could have bumped his head? If not, just watch him. He'll show you what to do soon.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't think he could've bumped his head. He's pretty good about letting me know if he gets even the slightest bump. He did drink some juice earlier, when he woke up after napping with me. His temp was 98.6 when I checked it around 2, and 99.2 when I checked it an hour or so ago.
    BisketLiss

Comment by BisketLiss (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my 2 year old and 3 year old had the same thing... they each spiked a 103 fever, puked... and the fever went down... it could just be something going around... they were "not themselves" for about 24 hours total...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Kids run warm when they sleep, so it's normally for their temp to be a little high after they wake up. I would do my best to keep him comfortable, give him crackers. If he gets worse, talk to his pediatrician.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:22 PM on Nov. 18, 2010