Am I asking to much....

My husband plans on going out tonight after work but our 7 month old is really sick... She has been extremely sensitive and needing to be held constantly. Am i asking to much for him to come home and help me with our child so i can have a me moment?

LadyofIvory

Asked by LadyofIvory at 4:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• no and he should understand
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 5:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If he doesnt go out often and its a special night you should let him go. If he goes out often and it isnt a big deal you should tell him he is needed at home.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Kids get sick and grownups' plans change. That's how it works. Any room for compromise? Can he go late, or come home early?
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 5:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well, if he hasn't been able to have a night out and this is the only time he could gp, I would probably tell him to go, but with the understanding he needs to come home at a decent hour and will then be taking care of the baby to let you get some rest and a break. But if he goes out all the time, or could go some other time, I would want him to stay home and help.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• hmm if it was my child i wouldn't have to ask my husband would never go out when our child was really sick. You are def. not asking to much. Father first, friend later

wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• First of all, I don't believe in "boys night out" for a married man. If her wanted to continue going out with the boys then he should have stayed single. Secondly, "boys night out" shouldn't even be discussed if you have children. I say he has a sick child at home and he just want to be childish.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree with ShouldHaveLeft. I dont think that married people need to go out and put friends and partying above the needs of their wife/husband or children. ESPECIALLY if the child is sick. Family should come first in my opinion. You are definately NOT asking to much. And you need a break too. Its not fair for one person to have to do ALL the work
    mrs.miner

Answer by mrs.miner at 11:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010