Did your kids have school today? Did you have school on Veteran's Day when you were a kid?

We had school on Veterans Day when I was a kid and we had an assembly or program where different veterans would come in and speak. I always thought it was interesting to hear some of their stories.
Now kids stay home and watch tv or play video games instead.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Holidays

• I had school when I was a kid and ALL the schools in my area have school today, including the colleges.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Early Release Day today. I just asked my son... They didn't even talk about it. I guess I will tonight when I help him with his school work.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• All the school here were in session, but I have no idea if any did anything.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No School here and No school when I was a kid. Both my hubby and father are Veterans, but hubby still had to work.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• No school here but we did go to school. I always thought we got the day after Thanksgiving in exchage for Veterans Day. However , no mail and we are waiting for an important letter
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 5:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Full day today, but my little guy has the stomach bug and didn't go....they did talk about it and had
    a guest veteran come out to their class a few days ago...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We had school today at my school we did nothing my daughters school had an assembly she just said and sang some songs the there was parade down town. I had school when I was kid
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• So maybe it's just here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, and yes. I don't remember if we had anything special when I was a kid, but our school has local veterans come in and talk to the kids, and most of the day is centered around learning different stuff pertaining to Veterans Day.
    Anonymous

• yes my child had school today they had some big thing at school for all the veterans and all they came home with flags!!
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010