If you don't vax, have you ever doubted your decision?

Currently we don't vax, but sometimes I feel like maybe we should. But when I read more about, I think that we shouldn't. I'm just on the fence about it and I don't know which way to go! If you've ever had these feelings, how did you deal with it? Even if it's not vaccine related, have you had these types of feelings about something else and how did you deal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Its hard making those decisions and sometimes you may be right and sometimes you may be wrong
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I did when my DD (13 months) a few years back got Measles and was hospitalized. With her being so young she messed with them and got them infected to boot. She has a small scar on her left arm and left leg. One stupid vaccine and she would have been fine. I selectively and delay vax now.
    Anonymous

• The more I read and the more I know about vaccines, the more i wish I hadn't vaxxed in the first place. I do have doubts now and again, but I would hate to put my son through all that again. As mothers we do what we think is best for our children. All we can do is research, make a decision, and keep going.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 5:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Look into the latest mumps outbreak in Philadelphia. Non vax can bring back so money exstinguished ailments. There are risks with anything but reading more into it with yourself and not a proff can really brainwash how you think. I know when i read side effects i swear i have them lol Def not bashing but think parents need to relax a little with this kind of stuff. If you are worried about the amount then spread the shots out. There is a reason we aare vax and its a good one so if your not sure then talk to your doctor in depth and maybe it will help. GL!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• @ Anon: But the thing is, one stupid vax could cause many more problems than 2 little scars. But measles are bad, too. See how I'm on the fence about this?!?!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Also, many mexican kids are bringing disease into this country because their children arent vax. Im not saying its ONLY them but it does affect us and we need to protect our kids and ourselves
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I choose not to vax, but it'll never be a black and white issue to me. I see both sides. With the pertussis outbreak lately I've wondered, How would I feel if DS got whooping cough? I'd feel horrible, not to mention I know hospital staff would do their best to make me feel like an ass. But it's still worse when I ask myself the question, how would I feel if my son got a potentially life-threatening reaction from a vaccine? I would feel even worse, knowing that I had willingly put the toxins in his body. As long as I'm not convinced he's safer with vaccines, I'll take my chances with the natural illnesses and do all I can to give him a healthy immune system.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• PS @ anon: also, there are a lot of vaccinated kids who get the illnesses anyway, so while your daughter might have been better off, who knows. You did what you believed was best for her, and I'm glad she's ok now. We parents never get it all perfect.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• @Steph: why is it brainwashing if you read yourself, but it's not brainwashing if your doctor tells you what to do?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• @Adelicious: Thanks for your answer. I will have to learn to accept the fact that it really isn't a black and white issue. I, too, see both sides. I feel horrible if either of those things happened to one of my children, but you're right...I would probably feel worse knowing I willingly put it in their body. We also do things to boost their immune systems naturally.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010