Is it normal to NOT be excited about a pregnancy in the beginning?

I'm in the midst of a divorce, its not messy or anything, but I live with my boyfriend. We've only been dating a few months but were in love with each other. I just found out that I'm pregnant with his baby. I keep having mixed feelings about this pregnancy...

hmhmom

Asked by hmhmom at 5:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Normal for your situation. Just take care of yourself.
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 5:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i was like that but once it sank in i was stoked about it
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 5:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would recommend be happy some people want to have a baby and cant. Also I was very happy in the beginning of my pregnancy and i had so many plans that i wanted to do at the end i threw up so much i could not enjoy it.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• yes normal for your situation, and i think in some states you cant get a divorce while pregnant and in CA if youre married your husband has to go on the birth certificate even if hes not the father and then you have to sort it out in courts later so if i were in your situation it would be a sticky wicket indeed! :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 5:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• its totally normal with what you are goin through. when i found out i was pregnant, i was only seeing the guy 2months and it was all very sudden, i wanted the baby. just didn't know if i wanted it with him cos i still barely knew him. i was tempted to just not tell him and move away and do it myself. i was scared, your scared to. don't worry things will fall into place. i am now married to him and baby is coming in 4weeks and i have no doubt in my mind that this was the best thing i did. he turned out to be the best guy i have ever been witha nd now i am looking forward to having our own lil family.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes totally normal when you have so much other stuff going on. I think once you have scans etc and feel baby moving it will all become more real and exciting :)
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Pookipoo- I think you should check your facts. Thats absolutely not the case in CA. And my divorce attorney has never heard of anything about pregnancy having any effect on a divorce procedure, so I don't know about all that.
    hmhmom

Comment by hmhmom (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2010