Do you like Sweet Tea?

Do you have a hard time finding it where you live?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 5:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• LOVE IT! Never had it until i was in my early 20's & i moved down here to GA from Boston. Almost every house i went to had a pitcher of sweet tea on the counter. Stuff is the BEST! I remember the first time someone asked me if i liked sweet tea & I thought "huh? I like sugar in my tea....yes" But, i was thinking of hot tea with milk & sugar. when i tried it with a squeez of lemon, i was FLOORED! I drank way too much of it when i was pregnant, my midwife told me "NO SWEET TEA" i was so addicted..it was so hard to keep away!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, but we make our own cause in Cali they have no idea what you are talking about.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I had to LOL when I saw this question....Personally, I dont like it. I like it w/out sugar. But I have a good friend who has a running joke about sweet tea. She asks every person she meets if they like it. One time when her family was on vacation she had her son video tape her asking random people about sweet tea. She cracks me up with her sweet tea crusade.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I love it!!
    jandra

Answer by jandra at 5:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Sweet Tea is the shit! But I am from KY lol
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 5:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LOL! That is funny Lisa! When my mother in law drove cross country, they would ask the waiter for some hot water so they could mix it with sugar & put the syrup in their unsweetened tea. It's a bitch when sweet tea addicts have to go far away, not many people serve sweet tea outside the south.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Love it and the only places I can get it from are McDonald's, restaurants like Golden Corral, Cracker Barrel, and I think Texas Roadhouse. I don't eat at any of those places..Oh how I miss being able to get a sweet tea. It's not the same to just add sugar to it!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LOVE it. I don't have a hard time finding it, because I make my own - used to travel down south with DH all the time and get the real stuff, but nothing where we live compares, so I learned how to make it. DH and I can drink 3 gallons in 2 days during the summer - if we let the kids have it for a treat we'll go through 2 gallons in 1 day.
    Anonymous

• I Sweet Tea. yummy

No, I don't have a hard time finding it at stores.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Love sweet tea, I'm from the South and we have no problem finding it here. McDonald's even serves it on the drink menu...lol.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010