I want colored contacts....... any ideas on what color i should get?

my eyes are naturally brown...

SapphireRose85

Asked by SapphireRose85 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• i have worn colored contacts for years and have brown eyes. My favorite ones are freshlooks brand. They have recommendations for which ones will show up best for dark eyes. I love my turquoise ones, i have also had blue and violet in the past. Some eye dr's will give you sample lenses to try out the colors, they dont have any strength in them so you wont be able to wear them but it will give you an idea of what color you like best.
    http://www.freshlookcontacts.com/
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I love those light honey color, I think they are hazel.

Answer by older at 5:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i have light blue eyes, i once bought purple contacts, looked so freakin awesome! especially since im naturally fair skinned and brunette.

i agree with older, light honey would be beautiful if you already have brown eyes. maybe green?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• try a grey pair
    1212tink

Answer by 1212tink at 5:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you have dark eyes already, you'll be limited to the printed contacts, which I found limited my vision when I tried them on. They tended to float out of place and temporarily blind me until they shifted back. If you have light eyes, I really recommend the enhancers instead, as they won't obscure your vision as much, and they aren't as noticeable when you wear them.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• purple would be amazing
    stargazer74

Answer by stargazer74 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• what color is your skin tone ? if is light skin to maybe honey color grey is nice or hazel the lighter green or blue the darker is hazels and even some greens
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Before you get your heart set on a color, see your optometrist and have the exam. You may find that you're limited to certain brands of contacts based on the health of your eyes and shape of your corneas. From there, the opt. can show you different colors in the brands best suited and let you try them on.

Personally, I tried the Acuvue enhancers and found that my eyes were extremely sensitive to the plastic they're made of. It always felt like I had ground glass in my eyes and my eyes were always red. I found out that about 10% of people can't wear the colored lenses because their eyes can't tolerate the material from which they're made. All colored contacts are currently made of plastic vs the silicone of clear lenses - the silicone can't retain the inks injected when the color is printed onto them.
    geminilove

• thanks for all of the suggestions!!! i think that maybe i'll try the honey and violet!!!! thanks guys!!!! :)
    SapphireRose85

Comment by SapphireRose85 (original poster) at 8:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2010

• think i may have to try the grey as well.......
    SapphireRose85

Comment by SapphireRose85 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2010