how stupid can i get?!

so tues night, me and BF had sex. i told him to get condoms b/c i've been on the placebo pills since Sat, and the new month started today... but the stupid condom broke! i feel so stupid! i normally dont have my periods- i have PCOS... but today, i bled for less than a hour. really light bleeding- not even enough for a panty liner. now, i'm freaking out that its implantation bleeding and not just my "regular" period... my "regular" periods- when i get them- go from 3 hours to 2 days. technically, i'm supposed to be on my cycle so i'm not for sure what to think!

i just dont know. i feel so stupid! in a month, i'll be taking a preg test.

sorry just needed to vent anon-ly and i dont wanna freak BF out more than he is right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• My daughter's OB/GYN said his test can tell hours afterward not a month. Don't make yourself sick worrying. Call your doctor and ask if his/her test would tell you now.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Why do you feel stupid? You took precautions. Sure, there is some risk, but why feel stupid? Stress affects your period, too. I know, the whole year hubby was deployed I didn't have one. Strangest thing for me.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The clock is ticking, but if you don't want to get pregnant, I'd go to planned parenthood and ask for a emergency contraceptive pack.
    it's not the abortion bill, it keeps the egg from implanting.

I'm not a doctor, but aren't you supposed to be protected if you take all the pills as prescribed? I'd call planned parenthood either way.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you're on the placebo pills in your pack and supposed to be on your period during that time, and on b/c, the likelihood of you ovulating isn't terribly high. Although anything is possible, but you wouldn't have implantation bleeding 2 days after sex.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I believe you are thinking too much into this which will affect your period from coming just try to relax it sounds like you will be fine no pregnancy this time. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You are still protected when you are taking the placebo pills. As long as you take the "active' pills on time every day you're probably fine. Nothing is 100%, but being on the pill and having PCOS make your chances of pregnancy pretty slim.

You're not stupid, you're doing your best, all that can be expected and then some :) You're fine, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that you're not pregnant.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You shouldn't get pregnant on the placebo pills if you've been taking all the pills like you're supposed to. If it worries you though, go get the Plan B pill. I don't think you need a prescription for it anymore.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 6:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Condoms are not full proof but they are supposed to be safer than other birth control methods. Additionally, sometimes even with mishaps nothing will happen at all if the egg never gets fertilized. You can buy a pregnancy kit from a drug store and see if you actually are so you can have peace of mind about it all.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Okay. The pill prevents ovulation - which would happen about halfway through the regular pills. The placebos are for when you're supposed to have your period. You just had sex 2 days ago - less than 48 hours - you would NOT have implantation bleeding already, and the likelihood of even having gotten pregnant is so low it's ridiculous. If you really believe you got pregnant, you have to stop taking your pill until you know - and then start taking it again later on if you're not. Condoms on placebos aren't any more necessary than condoms during any of the 3 regular weeks. I'll bet you $1,000 REAL dollars that you are NOT pregnant.
    Anonymous

• go get plan b. it's best to use it within 3 days but 5 days you can still use it. it prevents pregnancy. you can get it at walgreens i think for about $40
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010