I don't know what to do ....I had AHCCCS (insurance through the state)

I had Ahcccs, and I later got a job that i worked at for literally 2 weeks. and then i quit because problems arose. Anyway a few days after i quit i got a letter from DES (the place i went through to get ahcccs) and it said i need to let the know how much income i was making, so i called them and told the lady i had quit a few days earlier so im now not working but i am moving and will be getting another job but right now i am not. She said okay well disregard the letter we sent you then, if you are not working you don't need to report your income to us. So i didnt. I just got a letter from DES TODAY saying that my Ahcccs got canceled because i didnt report my income that im making???

(WTH the lady told me not to do anything.)

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 10:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• CONT
    I have a doctor appt TOMORROW morning. i can go to DES afterwards to sort this out, but would YOU still go to your appt? what if something happens and they wont see me? or something like that??? idk what to do in the meantime before i go to DES.... What would you do
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• yes i would go.. it was her mistake in not reporting u dont have a job but also u needed to report those 2 weeks worth of income regardless of how much it was
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 10:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Did you get the ladies name that told you NOT to report it? Insurance companies keep records of their phone calls. I would tell them what the lady told you and tell them that if they have a problem they can take it up with their staff for misinforming you and causing this HUGE mess. If they don't reinstate your insurance, seek a lawyers advice and let the insurance company know that you plan to consult a lawyer.

If it were ME, I would reschedule my appointment...don't let them screw you over any further. The will try and charge you for that visit and that will be a BIGGER headache to deal with.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• If you currently have NO job, you should tell them that. If you keep that appointment they WILL try to charge you for it because you technically weren't insured at the time of the appointment even though it was their mistake.

I have had this problem before (with TRICARE) and this was over a year ago. I DID go to my appointment and they charged me for it.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 2, 2008