My 12m old received a flu shot today with her immunizations, is there anything I should be looking for?

Anything else I should know? I said no to the flu shot at the desk but the doctor ordered it anyways and told me it was recommended, so I reluctantly agreed. I don't know much about it though.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my 4 year old just got the live one a couple of weeks ago, the only thing i noticed was a low-grade fever the next day. nothing else.

my 9 month old got it the same day (the dead virus) and absolutely no effects from it.

22 month old got it last week, also no effects as of yet.

basic things to watch for are high fevers and the area of injection. some redness, tenderness and swelling is normal but if it looks crazy that is not good.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You should have gotten a form stating the side effects. Low grade fever is common and def fattigue and crankiness. Shell be fine :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• They did not tell you anything about it? Well I had my flu shot saterday. My shot area was sore for a few days. that is about it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Usually there will be a knot from the shot, but other than that nothing.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Thank you! I did not receive any paperwork for aftercare.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2010