$$$ Rainbow Play Systems? (or other quality wooden swingsets)

How much do these cost? We'd be looking at one of the more modest ones, but with a decent amount of things to play on. I don't see the prices on the website, and I'm not ready to request a price from their showrooms, but I was wondering what the range is, price-wise.

sojourner.

Asked by sojourner. at 6:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Shopping

• I just llooked into these last week! They said the STARTING BASE price was 1600.00!!!! We're looking somewhere else
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Make no mistake, they are expensive. 16 years ago my sister bought a set that cost $2800. All three of her kids have played hard with all their firends on this thing. My youngest neice is 11 and still plays on it. They srayed polyurethane on the wood at the beginning of each summer. That was literally all the upkeep beside checking bolts for tightness each spring. It is still in outstanding condition. If you want to go this way..think long term. If your child is already 10 and you don't plan on more it's probably not the best buy for you.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010