how do you keep the spark in your relationship after kids?

long story short, just had twins two weeks ago. My husband and I havent had any time alone because we have no help with the girls. Not only am I going stir crazy, my husband and I don't feel very close anymore. I honestly feel like our relationship is on the rocks ever since we had the twins.. our relationship seemed perfect before them!

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 6:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• when you find out let me know cause i need the same answer
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 6:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You have to be creative!

Answer by older at 6:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Give yourself some time! The twins are only two weeks old and you are going through a huge change in your lives. At a minimum sit and find a little time to talk each day.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Only time will tell but don't go out and have a divorce either... hang in there all that loving feeling you once had will all come back just don't go anywhere be patient plus you have to do what it takes to make it fun and loving you can't just expect it to come to you (the spark that is) make plans to go out on a date do the things you two like before all this beleive me it will all come back. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• oh no, I'm nowhere near running out the door.. I will fight till the death... it's just we really need a date night and we don't have any help and we certainly don't want any random person baby sitting our little ones...

FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Grab any little bit of time you can. It's only been a couple weeks and your body needs time to heal anyway. Maybe try and find a bit of help somewhere if you can. When the babies take a little nap cuddle or whatever you can fit in. Having twins can be exhausting I'm sure. You'll be fine. Just keep trying.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It is hard, but you have to put in the effort. I have been married for close to twenty years, most good, some mundane, etc. Make that effort, go out and buy those little panties and support bras and whatever he likes and give it to him. Give it to him hard, remember you are the wife and you paid the cost to be the boss. LOL
    cerealmom2

Answer by cerealmom2 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If you can't get away, then have a "mini-date" -- when the kids are in bed, light some candles, put on soft music and possibly take a bath together. Even snuggling on the couch watching a movie can create closeness. Most of all, give it time, I know from experience what a stressful time it is during the first few months with twins.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:39 AM on Nov. 15, 2010