ok ladies- today is my due date and no baby yet- what are your techniques to induce naturally?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 6:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• walk up and down stairs until you go into labor :)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• – collapse
    two tablespoons castro oil worked for me twice
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 6:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 (hidden) + expand

• I read you're not supposed to lift anything heavy during pregnancy. I carried some groceries the day I went into labor. I don't know if was coincidence or the lifting helped trigger it.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• sex....my water broke afterwards
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• take a sleeping pill LOL. my dd was a week late. i started having contractions FINALLY, went to L&D, i wasn't in active labor yet, since i was dilated only to a 3, they gave me a sleeping pill, 2hrs later my water broke. they were surprised to see me so fast...but really, just wait until your baby is ready, and enjoy the sleep while you can :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Try walking up and down the neighborhood or just walk where you feel safe just do alot of walking GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Just because it's your "guess date" doesn't mean baby has to be here now. You can safely go up to 3 more weeks. If baby isn't coming, baby's not ready. Have a little patience and wait. And in the meantime - walk, walk, walk, sex, sex, sex.
    Anonymous

• all my babies were late i tried everything spicy food, sex steps, prime rose tea, castrol oil nothing worked they come when they want--sorry
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 7:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• babies will come when they are ready. I know that is not what you want to hear but it is true. At this point though, there is no harm in trying, right?

I've found that acupressure really works when done right, a hot bath, sex, nipple tweaking, walking, etc. Check out my doula website (look in the video and link library) for some really good video's on how to start contractions through acupressure. My website is listed on my profile. ;)
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 8:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well a week before my girl was due i was looking for anything to get her out, i just knew that it was time but she didnt wanna come out-go figure. I tried sex,i tried foot rubs,but eventually i ran around walmart for two hours before i broke past 5 to kick things into gear..at which time my doc held me in the hospital
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 10:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010