i checked my facebook today and...

my ex asked to be a friend. (don't worry, dh could care less if i'm friends with my ex, he's actually friends with a couple of them) i'm a bit confused though...we broke up 8yrs ago. a couple years ago i was just thinking of him, found him on facebook and emailed him, just a "hi how are you" email. i got a "fine" reply back ( i mean he said a couple things he's up to) but it was short and to the point. i took it as he probly didn't like me contacting him. so i left it at that, never even attempted to contact him again. now, i get a friend request. no message or anything. i know he's a new daddy now, he's been married for years...but that's about it. i'm just confused as to why now? maybe you can shed some light lol (i did email him though, i only wrote " um, why now?" . we'll see if he emails me back...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't have gone there.
    Anonymous

• I agree with PP. You shouldnt have said that. If you are that curious then fine but dont give him the satisfaction. If you are happy then dont go there. There is a reason ppl from our past didnt make it to your future and you need to think about if its worth it. Id just ignore the request and move on or accept him as a friend to add to your count. GL PS maybe hes more mature now and wants to see how your life has panned out
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• honestly, hes probably just bored and curious.... I am happily married with two kids and I still find myself facebook stalking old friends and boyfriends... just curious to see if their life has changed as much mine has.. Never fealt the need to send a message either.. so if theirs NO feelings what so ever there then go ahead and accept the request if you want...
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 7:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Wow ladies I have about 4 or 5 ex boyfriends on my friends list and so does my DH. All the relationships ended well and we had remained friends with these people before facebook. Personally I find it a little odd that he didn't reply more and later friend requested you, but I don't see an issue with accepting it and then if he gets out of hand removing him.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• GL. I had to go off fb. Too much drama.....
    Anonymous

• It depends if you still feel a spark then press that x button but if you are just curious to chit chat about the baby and trivial stuff, then keep him as a friend. But don't kid yourself, be honest.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 6:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If the relationship ended well I see no harm in saying hi. I'm not sure I would friend and ex. Even though I know it would go no where I would let it go out of respect for DH.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• IF there are still no feelings then go for it. It's not like you are going to see him, it's a website. You can limit what he sees of your profile, pics and posts. If it gets too weird or inappropriate, then delete him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have my own personal policy of not friending anyone I've ever kissed. And that's because it would bother me if my husband were friends with an ex, it would bother me. (He doesn't have facebook and his only ex is his ex wife whom he has no interest in being friends with period - but just sayin').
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yeah, I wouldn't have gone there either-almost asking for drama. If you just want him as a FB friend so you can keep in touch or whatever you could have accepted his friendship, if you didn't you could have denied it.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010