neighbors dog!

my neighbors have this little yapping foo foo dog! It will not shut up. it will yap all day long and all night long.It drives me crazy! I have ask them to please do something about the dog...but they won't do anything!! What can I do?

Asked by tracylyn245 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pets

• If it's outside, get a motion sensor sprinkler. People usually use it for deer, but I've learned it works great for neighbor dogs too.

Answer by thelowlander at 1:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• call the local police station to see what the quiet hours and noise laws are. Usually there is at least a respect your neighbors type thing where animal control or the police will stop by and tell them that they have had complaints and need to get control of the barking. a water hose works well too ;)

• I heard on the news that there is a 10 minute barking law in effect. They can actually get a ticket for a dog that barks consistently or for more than 10 minutes at a time. I don't know if this would apply to your situation or not.

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Call animal control, or code enforcement. Otherwise you may want to invest in a bb gun lol

Answer by gumby11883 at 6:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• hahahaha!!! bbgun....thats great!

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• BB gun is sounding good, lol

Comment by tracylyn245 (original poster) at 6:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• talk to animal control if they are not listening to you

Answer by stargazer74 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Do live in my neighborhood? We have the same issue but its 4 different dogs! There are laws but most people just don't care. bbgun hee hee

Answer by mslksdh at 7:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• we started to get fine notices for our dog barking during the day. so i know you can talk to the police about it. they will send them notices. we had to get rid of our dog cause the bark collar didn't work.

Answer by melody77 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Some people that have nonstop barking dogs have them debarked.

Answer by Tikismom at 11:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010