what to do

I was able to stay home with my daughter till she was 2 1/2 months old. I decided to go back to work, where I use to work, at a daycare. Ever since I went back to work she has been sicker than a dog. I just got home from the er due to pink eye n a cold. IDK what to do. she's always sick and i have to take more time off than I work, it feels like.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• giving her probiotics will help boost her immune system. if you are still nursing, you can take them and she will get them through your milk. if you're formula feeding, you can open up the capsules and pour the probiotics into her bottle. 70% of the immune system is in the gut and many people do not have the optimum amount of good florae and bacteria to keep up their immune system. i hope she feels better soon!

also, if you're nursing, try squeezing some breastmilk into the corner of her eye, that should help with the pink eye :)
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:28 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Are you working because you financially have to? I was considering going back to work in day care as well, and am weary of it just because of what you are going through. Does your pediatrician have any suggestions? I hope her immune system gets better and you both get some peace of mind soon
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I work at a place that has a daycare and keep my son there while I work. I have had to speak with the teacher, supervisor, and director about the cleanliness of the room/policies. They are slowly making changes, and they know that I am right there to "pop in" at any time and check on my son. They know I expect top quality care for my son and follow up when things are less than satisfactory. My son (thank God) has not been sick yet and has been at daycare for about 2 months. Especially since you work in a daycare, you should know to voice your concerns and demand change that is in the best interest of all the children (and even the staff). Maybe they need to adopt more strict policies or just enforce the ones they already have. Good Luck.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:19 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• you should take vitamins to fight it off yourself but before you even touch her sanitize your hands and change your clothes everytime you come home from work
    ButterflyMom194

Answer by ButterflyMom194 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008