Do you think it is a good idea or a bad idea to vote down an answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• if the person is being absolutely rude or inappropriate or if they are giving bad advice or misinformation on a definate subject and it is not just a matter of opinon I believe it deserves a down vote. If it is a matter of opinion even if I dont agree with that opinion it shouldnt be voted down.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If it's a really outrageous, inappropriate or rude answer then it should be voted down, maybe more people will THINK before they post then. Sometimes, it's best not to say anything at all.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think if the reply person went out of their way to put the poster down and humilate them and its inappropriate, then they should be voted down. You can have an opinion and present it without being rude and nasty about it
    Anonymous

• Everyone has a right to their opinion but I feel that these questions are open to debate and should be looked at with an open mind. Therefore likes or dislike should not be an option. It only cause controversy that sometimes starts a battle far from the topic
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I noticed as time goes on with this system is being used in a negativce. Like if your answer is different from all the other answers it gets voted down and three points come off. There is no profanity, disrespect and gets voted down. Where is the free speech there? It is liek a censorship forming and it is turning me off......
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If the answer is worth being voted down, it's a good idea. Maybe it'll make them think twice before answering like that again. So far I have only voted down one answer, and she gave me a damn good reason to do so!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 7:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would never give a down vote just because I ddin't agree with someone's opinion. However, I have given a down vote (very rarely), when someone has been horribly rude or given bad or dangerous advice.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 7:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• foxracing you are spot on! You are one smart cafe mom. Thanks for agreeing with me!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010