Turtle Joint Custody(long but cute-ish)

Back Story Time: My brother was given a turtle when he was 10. For various lack of space issues the turtle(Buddy) has since been passed back and forth over the years between my mom, brother and myself. Buddy has lived with me for the last 6 six years.

Current: My Brother came over to get Buddy to take to his older sons school for the day and his youngest got so attached that he freaked when my brother brought buddy back to me. That was Tuesday. Now on Thursday the poor little guy is still asking for Buddy. So now my brother and I are trying to figure out a "Joint Custody" arrangement so my kids and his can share Buddy! Since we both have the room now.
Any ideas?

mslksdh

Asked by mslksdh at 7:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pets

• Because there is only ONE Buddy! lol. How far apart are you?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I cannot answer legal turtle issues, I think you would have to contact your local department of turtle family services. Maybe a turtle attorney... Was there a pre-turtle nup? LOL!

Can you now give the turtle to the son?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Cute, but if you have had him for 6 yrs. Why can't your brother get his son his own brand new Buddy?

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• maybe someone should look into getting another turtle. I think other then that rotate every couple of days.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 7:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• This is sooooo cute!! I agree... consult a turtle-torney... this is serious...
    jat82

Answer by jat82 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Ha ha love it! Thank you all for having a sense of humor!!! My brother and I have been laughing about joint custody since tuesday night. But Mommie we are less than a mile apart from each other, he is a SAHD!
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• You did mean geographically right?
    mslksdh

Comment by mslksdh (original poster) at 7:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• every other week w/ visitation rights? idk, but this made me smile. so precious
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 7:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• lol. yes geographically. Well that close together I don't see why he can't be split 50/50 by week, month or even quarterly. Have you asked buddy his feelings on the matter? ;0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• you could always use Solomon's wisdom and tell the kids you are going to split the turtle in half and see which one care the most for his well being. ...

...

Maybe not...

lol
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010