Do you like gingerbread? Eaten any good gingerbread houses, people, etc.?

I don't know about you but my kids like making gingerbread houses. In fact, they even created some in class as well as part of a holiday project. They substituted graham crackers for the walls and roof of the house and used the typical icing for putting it all together. They used colored gumdrops for the roofing and candycanes by the door. They came out pretty nice. good enough to eat! I think it's quite tasty!

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 7:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Food & Drink

• we make gingerbread men and women, and i have a 3-d santa sleigh and reindeer set that we make gingerbread cookies with too. i try a house every year, but don't get the roof to stay on.
    we don't eat the houses.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• the cookies yes.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, I love all things gingerbread! LOL! I do not discriminate against anything gingerbread!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Not yet but is on our to do list!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 7:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We make a "Christmas House" as a family all year and have it as a decoration. But we do not eat it.
    jat82

Answer by jat82 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We made gingerbread men/women the last couple years during the holidays, and I love snacking on them. We also make houses out of gingerbread but I don't eat those, the kids would probably have a fit =P It's hard enough to get rid of them after the holidays and they're probably stale by the time I'm allowed to chuck 'em. The cookies are yummy as well!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My landlord used to buy my family a gingerbread house every Christmas they were delicious!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I like gingerbread but we have never eaten the houses we've built.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 8:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Love gingerbread and make it every Christmas season. But been years since I made a gingerbread house.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:17 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yes!! Love gingerbread!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 10:42 AM on Nov. 12, 2010