What activity allows "you" to feel focused/at peace/relaxed?

I find that taking pictures really helps me focus and be at peace. I also like to cook and be creative in many different ways. I don't crouchet or knit but I love seeing womens creative works of art! Do you write or find that poetry is a good way to express yourself? What do you enjoy doing? I know i asked more than one question..slap me. J/K. I just want to see what works for others.

VGonzalez73

Asked by VGonzalez73 at 7:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a huge fishtank in my bedroom and I love to just lay there and watch the fish.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• lol, cool what kind of fish?
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I have two tanks. One with goldfish and in the other I have cory cats, black skirt tetras, zebra danios, tigar barbs and platies.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• two things relax me one is lay on my husband shoulder or chest then off the sleep I go I mean even if we are just sitting on the couch watching t.v the other is when I spend quality time with my dog and I just sit there and pet him!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• awesome responses ladies. Thanks so much for sharing. I find that animals do help. I have a neighbors cat that has made her home with my girls and I. They kept her outside and well she made her way to my girls and I. The neighbors are fine with it. She definately has character. LOLA is her name.
    MommytoJames512...do you have pics of your fish...I think some of those sound beautiful.
    Darla47 what kind of dog do you have? I can't afford to have one, but if i do get one someday I always loved Alaskan/Siberian Huskies. Maybe because Im native american indian. Again thanks so much for sharing.
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 8:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Photography is at the top of my list. It is peaceful, even just taking photographs of my kids. It allows me to capture what I see that others may not be able to see as I do. And that is pretty cool.

Sewing is another way for me to relax. It allows me to make something practical for my kiddos (quilts) as well as get out those thoughts and any negativities that I may be handling.

Baking is another thing that relaxes me. Especially kneeding or rolling out dough.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i like to make cards... i love doing something creative and most of the cards i make are with someone in mind, so its fun to think about how much they might like it too.
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 11:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Be here on Cafemom
    Take pictures
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i pray or watch tv
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 8:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Awesome, I find praying helps so much too. I like tv to zone out especially if its a good thriller/suspense. LOL. As for CafeMOM, love it and thanks so much for sharing your relaxing methods. I so appreciate it.
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 11:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2010