the 'you'll go to a foster home line'

has anyone's kid ever actually wanted to go after being threatened with that line?
I knew lots of foster families and I didn't see what the big threat was.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 7:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• 1 time I told my son I was gonna send him to live with another family if he didnt stop being mean and he went outside and waited by the car for them....lol...what a little darling!
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 7:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• What?!?! People threaten their kids like that. OMG.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Its awesome the foster homes you know of are nice but not all of them are like that. My Mom does foster care and one of the foster care Mom's in her agency flipped out on a 3 year old once and beat him so badly with a belt that he died.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I know that some can be bad- was just sharing my experiene
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The few times I used that line on my snot nosed 14 yr old, he laughed. There should be a special place for the creatures called, "teenagers". Somewhere that has NO videogames, computers, Ipods, etc. Elcatraz would probably work well.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my parents used to tell me they were putting me up for adoption lol
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My 10yo says she would rather live in a foster home than with us because we make her do chores, take baths and do her homework.  She got in trouble the other day and my husband said she was going to get a spanking if she did it again.  She told her friend and her friend said if it happened she would tell her mom and they would call the cops on us.  I then had to explain that if her friend did that that she and her brothers and sisters would be taken away and would probably not see each other or us for a very long time.  She said she didn't care and would rather go away than stay here even if it meant her siblings were taken away, too.  She is very selfish and only thinks of herself.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:18 PM on Nov. 11, 2010