Car seat troubles............

How do you ladies get your 2 and a half year old into their car seat without them screaming? Every time I put my son in his seat he screams like I am beating him or something. I can't imagine what the neighbors think! I literally have to put my hand on his chest and push him into the seat and try to buckle the straps with the other hand. Not fun.

mommytoJames512

Asked by mommytoJames512 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a strong willed grandson with car seat issues. I keep candy in my pocket or in the car. If he gets in nice he gets a piece. Since he doesn't get much candy other times it works. I never would have done this as a mom (I didn't give my kids candy) but it works. Bad Grandma.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Lol. I can't be the ONLY Mom on here who has gone through this! How did you ladies handle this stage?
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Lol. I may have to give that a try!
    mommytoJames512

Comment by mommytoJames512 (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't think giving candy as an occasional reward for something like this is a bad thing...maybe I'm crazy. Once he starts getting the hang of it, give it only on the way home from wherever you are going, or whatever until you don't have to at all.
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010