why does my 7mths babygirl pee smells really strong and it has a weird smell like if she poop but is just her pee??

she also constipated--similac milk makes her constipated--but idk why her pee started smelling really bad

Genesis29

Asked by Genesis29 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What kind of diapers do you use? First, rule out diapers. Cloth diapers have to be stripped occasionally or they will stink. Some disposables have weird perfumes or chemicals that can cause weird odors.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I knwo that strong pee can be a sign of not getting enough fluids.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yah not enough fluids,
    or you might need to clean her vaginal area with a q-tip she might have some poop in her little cracks.
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• huggies -- and i do give her alot of water i started her on apple juice too for constipation
    Genesis29

Comment by Genesis29 (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Could be an infection. Take her to the doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Is it the pee that smells or the wet diapers? I think wet disposable diapers smell like poop all the time. I am always checking my grandson's diapers because I think they have poop and they are just wet. You could try using a cloth diaper and smelling that or even putting a wash cloth in the disposable diaper and smelling that to see if you can smell just the pee. It might pick up the disposable diaper smell so that might not work.

As long as she is getting at least 32 oz of formula a day that should be enough fluids. Any other milk products like cheese can cause constipation. The apple juice might help. 

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• try give her water and some diapers stink
    gianna530

Answer by gianna530 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If she is getting plenty of fluids then she may have an infection-one major symptom of a UTI and strong smelling urine.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 12:23 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• huggies and pampers stink! lol but huggies the most, that's why I don't use them. The only ones I have found to not smell to bad are Luvs.... but if you have been using huggies all along and the smell is deff. different then I would call the doctor and see what they have to say!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• sounds like a urinary tract infection ...pee that smells like poop is a sign.

Constipation can cause urinary tract infections.

Take her to a doc
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 1:39 PM on Nov. 12, 2010