did your bag o' waters burst in public?

Just want to hear some stories, i'm a little freaked about that happening if im walking out side or at the grocery or library, ahhhhh! scary! lol! What happened, what did you do?? Tell me a story gals!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• nope. mine was broken in the hospital
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 10:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• No, mine broke while I was laying in bed... I had been contracting regularly for several hours the day previously and all night at 5:30 am I hurt this little *pop* and felt a teeny trickle. I got up and went to the bathroom and that's when it really started coming out. =0)
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:37 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Mine broke from how strong my first contraction was. Even then there was no gush, like you think there will be. I was afraid of that also. It leaked out pretty slowly. I didn't time it or anything, but I would say it was about 2 minutes before I even saw the fluid coming out. I put on one of the big pads and took a towel to sit on for the trip to the hospital and all was fine. Don't worry. I have litterally only had two women tell me theirs came in a gush and if yours happens to do so, I'm sure everyone who sees it happen will understand that you are in labor and not peeing yourself...
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:40 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Mine was broken by the doctor in the hospital when I was 6cm dialted. Lucky he did too cuz I had my baby 2 hours later!
    Anonymous

• not that many stories here about it breaking in public =/ ill come back to this question to check later =)
    ..but,i hope mine doesnt break in school! or in the car with my mom..or in public,lol
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 10:48 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Mine broke when i got up in the morning to pee and as i stood up to pull my pants up it burst over/into the toilet. not public but still kinda strange but hey no mess lol
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• lol mine is similiar to blondie09. lol. mine broke when i had to go to the bathroom at 5 in the morning. it doesnt GUSH out. it came out little by little. i wore a pad until i got to the hospital and i didnt leak through that or anything...lol
    the water came out right when i wiped myself when i finished peeing, it freaked me out..cuz it like...SHOT out like the baby had a nerf gun or something...lol it was weird. i didnt know it was water until i went back to bed and it slowly came to me that i finished peeing and then that happened. thats when i realized my water broke. lol. i was very "air headed" when i was prego with my daughter. lol good luck!
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Yes and no. Mine ruptured while I was taking a walk at 4 in the morning. But like most women, it was just a trickle. So little that I wasn't even certain. Very few women get the foot soaking, call-for-a-mop-up gush.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Nope. My dr. did all 3 of mine at the hospital.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Well, no, it broke when I was drying off from getting out of the bathtub. I bent down and it started seeping down my legs. Not the whole giant gush but a pretty steady trickle. I was surprised b/c I didn't think it'd be that much or so constant. I leaked up until I got to the hospital; I sat on a towel until they decided to actually check if it had actually broken. Haha I just had to get out of the wheelchair.

This one I'm worried about that happening too, b/c I'm working later this time.
    rlemde

Answer by rlemde at 12:39 AM on Nov. 3, 2008