how do i solve my 4 year olds bad behavior

Roo_momof2

Asked by Roo_momof2 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• What is he doing that you consider bad? Need a little more information here!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• what is the behavoir
    more details please
    what have you tryed that is not working
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• This might actually depend on the behavior that is occuring. Is it something specific, or is it overall general bad behavior
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i agree, its hard to say without knowing what "bad" is... but consistant reminders of what good and bad is, consistancy in dicipline as well as praise usually works...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• we need more information
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Duct tape and Ritalin.

But really, just keep reinforcing and re-teaching the good behavior, explaining why the bad behavior is not OK.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yep need more info...they say that silence is golden but duct tape is silver lol.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• sorry im new to this site lol.. well as for the info... when i got him off the headstart bus this afternoon his teacher told me he had been in time out several times today (within a 5 hr school day) for biting, scratching, pushing, hitting, kicking, and punched another kid in the belly... this is the first time hes acted out like that in school.. he has a bad attitude and talks back.. im confused... he used to be a great kid... what did i do wrong?? timeouts dont work and neither does a good ol fashion spanking.. im fixin to pull out my hair and give up.. :( Please help...
    Roo_momof2

Comment by Roo_momof2 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Reincofcing, reteaching.. I would also recommend taking stuff away from him until his behavior straightens out. What about the father?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:10 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• well my husband is his step dad but been in his life since before he was born and all he has to do is 'the daddy voice' and he listens to him but wont listen to me at all... i take away stuff but that makes his attitude waaaay worse... i really dont know what to do anymore
    Roo_momof2

Comment by Roo_momof2 (original poster) at 12:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2010