What has your child done to make you proud?

My son told me today that he was going to protect a girl in the street when her boyfriend slapped her but before he could as soon as he said hi and distracted the boy the girl knocked him down and beat the heck out of him for slapping her! I am proud of my son though that he was going to protect her even though he doesn't even know this girl! Sometimes kids are great! I am a very proud mom tonight!

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• just being my son..
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I am proud that my son decided to serve our country.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 9:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• every day i am proud of my kids small things they do for me i can no longer walk due to hip ,so they look after the house
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 1:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• All three make me proud everyday by showing me that the compassion lessons I taught them have not been forgotten and their kindness shines through.

Answer by older at 8:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My little boy(3) just brought out some flashcards and was teaching his little sister(18mos) her colors :)
    bubbbaNbabygirl

Answer by bubbbaNbabygirl at 8:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my son sounds way younger than yours... honestly i was beaming with pride last night when he was in the bathtub. he is 5 and it has been like pulling teeth to teach him to write.. and it just clicked recently.. he not only was writing (letters and numbers) with his bath crayons. he was spelling out words! he wrote his name - which i knew he could.. then dad and mom.. and dog.. omg, i have been trying to teach him forever thinking this knowledge is floating off into a black hole, he showed no progress, and it shows he was learning all the time... sigh.. thank god!!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• my son has turned his life around hes working , trying to make something of his life
    susieq46maine

Answer by susieq46maine at 10:14 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• both my son and daughter live with me. they help out with the house work. both responseable
    susieq46maine

Answer by susieq46maine at 10:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My oldest makes me proud of him everytime he does something sweet for his brother..my youngest is attached to this blanket and he calls it banky and anytime he gets upset my oldest will go find it, give it to him, tell him it's ok, kiss and hug him and then rub his back until he's better, it's so sweet and then this morning my youngest was crying because his waffle was taking too long to cook (to him anyway) and my oldest said, it's ok brother, I know you're hungry but it'll be ready in a minute...lol...so sweet...and my youngest makes me proud whenever he learns a new word....he's only 1...my oldest is 3
    KnitWit0686

Answer by KnitWit0686 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My dd, 3, was put to bed by hubbs, and I usually do it and say a prayer with her, and lately Ive been having to ask her several times, or do it mysef. But that day, hubbs put her down and left the room and then she says ''DADDY, PRAYER'', that just melted me and showed me i was doing a good job with her..!!!
    dejamanu

Answer by dejamanu at 3:12 PM on Nov. 12, 2010