Do you religious ladies find this right?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gzXilgoQo5n72xh-E5Bhx3KJNHtA?docId=3ae64725cefb4d9c956ad39609388ec5

aside from the fact that a lot of you don't agree with the lifestyle for Biblical reasons, do you think this inequality for doing the same exact thing another soldier does is right? and if you do please explain why?

Asked by older at 8:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • "so you haul this stupid post over here, "

I don't find this post stupid at all; regardless of where else she posted it. I'm glad to have been informed about it. Why is it people like you don't like things like this being discussed?!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think you know what I'm gonna say... But then, I don't have an issue with Gays... The idea that someone would be discharged over their sexuality is appalling enough, but then that they would receive half pay for it, is just adding insult to injury...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• "why does it have to be at the expense of the rights of other groups. "

Can you please explain how others rights are being violated by reducing the pay of a soldier who happens to be gay?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Oh jaycie..first of all you do come off as very bitter and angry. But whatever.
    Second, people disagreeing with you is hardly taking your rights away....HARDLY!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I agree with Sabrina too. I don't think gays should be discharged, and they certainly shouldn't be shorted on their pay because of it.

I also think this is a legitimate and very good question to have in multiple categories if you want to hear various responses. If this is posted in the other section, I missed it. Thank you for posting it! I hadn't read about this yet.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• She's pissed at me, and it was my post.... she feels her rights are violated by anyone who isn't a christian, but can't say why.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes! It is absolutely wrong. While I am opposed to the lifestyle and believe it to be a sin, we have no right to treat them as second class citizens. If that man served honorably, then there is no reason to not get the full amount.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Sweet Lord! Let me step around all that bile someone spat all over the place and say this to the lady trashing Older. Older and I have disagreed about a few things and never once, not once, has she ever been anything but kind and respectful. And I have to say that it is really bad form to throw someone's real name out into the cyber world like that. We have screen names for a reason, and divulging her private information, including information regarding her mother, like that is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Shame on you.

Older, I know how strong you are and that you'll not let this post bother you too much in the end, but just know that there are a lot of women here who think a lot of you. I doubt anyone is going to take the rantings in this post seriously anyways.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 12:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• IA with sabrina. It's disgusting. "Homosexual conduct". As if he was harming another because he was gay. I can't believe in 2010, we are content with "don't ask don't tell" policies, and THEN with the idea that a person who happens to be gay could be cheated out of their pay. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Jay- way to spread the love of christ!

I may not agree with shane, I may even think she's crazy (and have told her so) but at least she has the sense to understand what people around her are actually saying. I have to respect her tenacity, even though I disagree with her agenda. You, you deary are simply angry and looking for a whipping boy.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010