I am taking a poll for school and really need your input...

Do you think voting is important? Why or why not? I greatly appreciate all feedback.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course voting is important! If you don't vote you can't complain if something doesn't happen the way you wanted it to. Also, even if you don't like any canidate there is always write in or you choose who you dislike the least. If your not going to vote you truely don't care about your freedom.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 8:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Important. One vote may make all the difference in the world....
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It is the highest privilege this country offers. It is highly important. My personal view..you don't vote, you don't care, you don't count.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, although in my state it didn't really matter. The wrong candidate got in and he is already losing jobs and he isn't sworn in.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I think making an informed vote is important. However, I have found a great many who do vote, prefer to make choices based on ads and slam campaigns or out of spite for another candidate (like my DH who prefers to vote for the least likely candidate just so the other guys loose a vote)... Do I feel voting is important? Yes, but I feel it's more important to know WHAT you are voting for rather than what you're voting against...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I believe it is important if you take the time to do your research so you can make an informed decision.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I believe voting is very important, for everyone, but especially for women and minorities. Think about how many people who were harassed, arrested, or even killed or threatened with harm because they wanted the right to vote. I get mad when I see women who don't vote, and don't care to vote... like its an inconvenience for them.
    I personally enjoy researching the candidates and casting an informed vote. I actively avoid campaign ads... I go online and look at their voting records.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 12:09 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Its only important if you vote for one of the two major parties. If you vote other then your vote really doesn't count.
    1Giovanni

Answer by 1Giovanni at 2:18 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Absolutely. In the recent elections there had to be three re-counts of one race because the numbers were so close. I think there were 65,000 votes, and the result was the winner won by 7 votes. So every vote does count. I like making my own decisions, and if I lose, well that's democracy. But if I don't vote, I let someone else make the decisions for me.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2010