i have an attic and a basement that need finished...anyone know how much it costs? i realize location matters...just tell me an idea or what it cost u when you did it....??

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I just had my garage enclosed and made into a bedroom. It was small not even really big enough for one car. All they did was enclose it put in a window and of coures a closet. 8,000 was th final. Hope that helps.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Also, the more you can do yourself the more you will save
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I know its about a $5,000 deposit (but that was based on damages and size)
    imuney

Answer by imuney at 8:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Depending on what you want done any where from 8000 to 30,000 or more...
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• it also depends on how big the space is.....the quotes we got for finishing our basement (about 2,000 square feet) is $40,000. and the plumbing is roughed in already, but nothing else is done. and with a price like that nothing will be done for a long time lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• depends on the size and what you want done
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It depends on the size and what you want done. Call a couple of contractors. They will give you an estimate. That's the only way you'll really know.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:02 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think size and damage have a lot of influence on it. Usually they wont give you a price over the phone the companies that do it tell you they have to come out and look at it, just because unless we see it it is really hard to say..
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:46 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It is hard to say ...I would get estimates and also REFERENCES!! my husband builds and remodels houses and is quite good at his work, however his nephew is also in the same field and he knows nothing just kinda "wings it" and people get really quite upset! so please ask for references because all it takes is a day long class to get a license to build and remodel houses..any fool can do it but a good worker will have contacts that will give him a good word
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 9:30 PM on Nov. 12, 2010