Making Thanksgiving funny, need ideas.

Last year I bought "Thanksgiving Crackers" which were filled with toys and jokes like those British Christmas Crackers. I want to do something different this year. Must be funny. Any suggestions?

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 8:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Entertainment

• Christmas Crackers on Thanksgiving! That's just not cricket.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• lol, idk what your idea of funny is, but it would be fun to have a turkey pinata....ok with blindfold that would be funny too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• how about mixing up silverware and serving utensils? kids get wine glasses, grown ups get sippy cups? maybe some people get bowls instead of plates? or serve someone in a cupcake tin? not sure how funny you want be?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The crackers WERE Thanksgiving crackers - with Thanksgiving colors and sold specifically for that holiday; a take-off on the original. I love the pinata idea but in our family the youngest in attendance is 15....and for that reason also there are no children's settings to mix up. We also set a up a buffet so the bowls and strange service won't work. Cute ideas though! I need something that will work with adults.
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 8:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• You could be totally serious and gather everyone up for craft time - have them make their own turkeys by tracing their hand, then break a pinata, pin the feathers on the turkey, etc...you know, have some fun with it and get everybody loosened up with things that adults don't usually do. Give them pilgrim hat or indian headdress to wear at the table...I think it would be fun to see how my family would react to that. We would laugh and laugh about it. But maybe that's too immature of an idea for you ;). Hope you find something good!
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2010