Zoey is drowling alot she is only going to be 3 months could she be teething?

Also me and my husband and zoey (3 months) are flying to florida next week is there anything i need to know with having a 3 month old?

1Lilly

Asked by 1Lilly at 10:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she could be my cousin was born with teeth...wierd huh?
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 10:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Possibly, but my granddaughter started drooling at like four weeks and she is 10 mos old and still no teeth!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:52 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• A baby's drool is most often blamed on teething, but many babies actually start drooling several months before the first tooth pushes through the tender gum. Experts suggest that the increased production of saliva that influences the never-ending stream of drool is most likely due to an infant's preparation for digesting foods. Just like adults, an infant's saliva is utilized as part of the digestive process--helping break down food so it can be absorbed by the body as useful nutrition for energy and growth. Developmentally, humans eventually learn to swallow this saliva without much thought, but a baby lets the drool escape from the mouth until the swallowing process is mastered. Despite how it appears, babies do not produce more saliva than the average adult, they just let it escape!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/97255/why_do_babies_drool.html
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 11:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Totally agree with the answer above
    my dd started drooling at 8 weeks and she is 6 months with no teeth
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 12:22 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Possibly... but sometimes babies just drool, its kinda their thing lol.

P.S. Teething takes a long time usually.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 3:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008