I am not usre what to do?!?

I landed a job last month after 5 months of being laid off. It was the one job I had applied for that I really wanted. Turns out I don't care for it, but I also think after only 1 month I can judge how much I like it. I had an interview with a law firm that appearently went well. I had got an email from the owner after the interview saying I was the runner up and if I see anymore open positions at her firm to please apply. Well, today I got another email from one of her associates saying "****(owner of the law firm) asked that I email you and ask if you are still seeking employment?" I am not one to have a short history at a company. The shortest time I have ever had a job was 2 and a half years. I wouldn't even know what to say. I want to at least give it a shot and see what kind of pay it offers. How do I word the email to show interest but not seem like a total flake for considering another job after I just got one??

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 8:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would not worry so much about it. In these tough economic times, no one is going to blame you for trying to better your income and get a job where you are happy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Tell her you are interested (you don't need to go into details about your currently employment situation) and then ask about the open position. Keep vague, short and sweet.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• i'd at least do an inteview for the position and see if its something you want. if you do switch, then just leave off this job on your resume.
    babymar

Answer by babymar at 10:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Go on the interview, and keep the job that is best for your family

Answer by rkoloms at 10:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2010