I am so upset! heard on the news this morning that they are thinking about opening up a late term abortion clinic in md.

the guy said that he wanted to bring a late term abortion clinic to the dc area and probably it would be in md since the laws here are more 'favorable'. it just really makes me so sad :(

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 8:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, don't worry too much about it. I'm sure some crazy pro-lifer will go to his church before too long and shoot him in the head, in front of the congregation, his family, and God.  Then all the world's problems will be solved.

Late-term abortions do not make any sense at all unless there is a real danger to the mother, or if the child cannot survive and waiting until it is born would cause more grief and pain to the baby and his/her family.  No doctor will perform such an abortion because eight months into the pregnancy the mother suddenly develops regrets, no matter what nonsense is spewed by the radical "pro-life" groups.  There absolutely has to be a valid reason (maybe one you don't agree with, but it's not your body or your baby) for a late-term abortion to be performed. 

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I'm sorry. That is so disgusting!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I don't see how even the most dillusional pro-choicers make this ok in their heads....

I can see how they convince themselves in the first trimester.... but late term? That's demented.

do everything you can to stop it.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 9:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Well, don't worry too much about it. I'm sure some crazy pro-lifer will go to his church before too long and shoot him in the head, in front of the congregation, his family, and God. Then all the world's problems will be solved.

Wow.

I'm sorry. . . was it a sane pro-lifer who shot Dr. Tiller in the head in front of his congregation, his family and his God?

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 10:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• It makes me sick to think about it!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Protest it, write congress, write the person interviewed, start a campaign. That is horrible.
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 8:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That is sad. What kind of person feels so passionate about protecting late term abortion? By then, the baby is viable and would probably survive if born prematurely.

I feel passionate about it. I have one friend that desparately wanted her babies (twins) but would have died without this procedure. One twin was already dead, Mom was on the verge of stroke and multiple organ failure, and it was too early in the pregnancy for the second twin to survive. Another friend could have died, and certainly would have given birth to a horribly sick baby that was only going to live a few hours at best. Her team of doctors could tell that the baby was already in pain, in utero. They made the most loving decision they could, to spare their son more pain.

THESE are the type of pregnancies that end in "late-term abortion". You may not like their decisions, but you have no right to make the decision for them.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 10:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I agree gather some folks and protest..write,and make phone calls
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That is sad. What kind of person feels so passionate about protecting late term abortion? By then, the baby is viable and would probably survive if born prematurely. I am opposed to abortion at all stages, but I am baffled that anyone would defend killing a baby who would be able to live outside its mother's womb.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Late term abortions are illegal in the U.S. The only exception that is made is IF the baby is dead already or if the baby has a severe disorder that it is killing the mother b/c of toxins leaking into her system. Late term abortions(i.e ones performed after 21 weeks of pregnancy) only account for 1.4% of abortions. The law states also in the U.S that at least TWO dr's have to agree to the abortion as well.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010