If you believe in a young earth ....

... do you believe in a young universe? Or is it possible that it is billions of years old?

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I do.... believe in a Young earth but I am not sure about the Universe , I think that the black empty Universe has always been.... until He placed the stars in the sky and everything else in it which was around the time earth was formed.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:41 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• young like 6000 yrs old? That's ridiculous IMO

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Then the question isn't for you.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Hmmm... Good Question... I don't think there are to many Young Earthers on here though...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• According to this site, yes.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/tba/age-of-the-universe-1

I'm not a new earther, but my brother who is frequently uses the 'logic' from here.

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I do not think it is a science vs God sort of world. I certainly don't know God's idea of time. Science talks about theories. But yes I think the Earth is very, very old and it become older has science changes it's theories. Remember the old testament is a history of the people of Israel. I am sure there were many before them.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think it may be. I have wondered but I always thought that this is where the angels were before man. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 1:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• anng.atlanta

Thanks for the link .... they cite Exodus 20, but I believe they are taking it out of context. Genesis only describes the creation of the earth, not the universe.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Shane, I like your answer except that even the universe is in a constant state of atrophy which means that it is finite and not infinite.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• The Bible says that before He created the Earth there was chaos. I have no proof, but I think that the universe may have been that dark chaos. By creating the stars and the planets God brought order to that chaos.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 4:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010