The miscarry statistics must be wrong.......

I just want to say first of all I SO SORRY to hear about all the miscarriages so many women on here have gone through----some more than one even. Its crazy that the statistics I've read up on say that the chances are very very low.......but on here it seems everywhere I look theres thread after thread and post after post about it and its startling to see how many people are actually going through this. I'm ttc this month and reading all this everyday is making me feel very anxious and uneasy, like something is going to go wrong........maybe this is just nerves but did anyone else start ttc and have thoughts like something would go wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I was convinced all the way through my pregnancy that something would go wrong. It didn't. Try to relax. The numbers you've seen are accurate. Instead of looking at the number of times something goes wrong, concentrate on the big number of times it goes right.

Good luck with ttc!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• when i was pregnant with my first baby i was cautious but never really thought about miscarring. when i found out i was pregnant with baby #2 its all i thought about. i kept telling everybody i couldnt do anything and that i had to be very careful because most miscarriages happen in the 1st trimester. when i was 4 weeks i did. a month after i was pregnant again and although i was careful it wasnt like baby number 2. it was like an instinct to me that something was going to go wrong with my second baby. it was hard but i knew it was for a reason. have faith that ur baby is going to be just fine. i wish you lots of luck!!!
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I had two miscarriages myself and was sure I'd have another when I got pregnant with my son. I was worried sick for the first 5 months. I wish I hadn't been, it took away a lot of the excitement. There is no reason to think it will happen to you. yes, it's very common, but think of all the healthy babies born everyday! I know more women that have never had a miscarriage than I do that have had one, it's just that once you start thinking about it, or have one yourself, you notice it more.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 2:05 AM on Nov. 3, 2008