do you think it is too soon for the docs to give me a "reversal" and try turn my baby at 35 weeks????

guera1977

Asked by guera1977 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no my last child was turned twice once at 32 and then at 35
    slyvester

Answer by slyvester at 9:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i think they still have time to turn on their own
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• well hey there sylvester , did you end in a c-section or vaginal delivery. and when they turned your baby did hurt bad or hwat was it like??????
    guera1977

Comment by guera1977 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i would try a chiropractor every day first. i would also look into all other non invasive methods.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My little guy is breech too, If he wont end up flipping on his own I will just be getting the C-section done. I know someone that lost their baby one day after the reversal because when they flipped him the cord got pinched and killed the baby. I'm not willing to risk loosing my baby....I have hear WAYYYY to many horror stories!!
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My oldest turned on his own at 38 weeks. It's never too late for a baby to turn.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I would wait until at least 37 weeks to do a version. If there is an emergency, you want your baby to be full term and as close to being ready to be born as possible to prevent or minimize NICU time.

Please check out chiropractors that specialize in the Webster Technique and also look at www.spinningbabies.com for help turning baby.
    Also, you might want to speak with your care provider about a vaginal breech birth. Yes, there are risks but a c-section is very serious and it will effect your future fertility, pregnancy, and labors/deliveries. So, do some research momma and make an informed decision!

Good Luck!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:16 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think that the sooner you get your baby to turn the better. A manual reversal should be the last step though. You can do a lot of other things to try to get the baby turn on his or her own. Chiropractic work has seen a lot of success with this as well.

Do a search on google and you tube for "turning breech baby" and it will give you lots of info. I recently had a doula client that found right before labor that her baby was butt down and I did a lot of online research for them and there was a lot of info out there. I also added some other tips to the other question you posted. ;) Good luck!
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 8:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Turn him yourself with a bag of frozen peas. Go find spinningbabies.com for instructions.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 12:02 PM on Nov. 12, 2010