Do you still get that tingling feeling when your spouse kisses you?

When my husband and I got together in high school, I got so excited everytime he touched me or kissed me. Now, it doesn't feel any different than being kissed by a random stranger.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Relationships

• I think sometimes our expectations are too high. I think it's unrealistic to expect the rest of your life to feel like it did when you first met (people and times change). I have been married 11.5 years to my high school sweetheart and I would get chills just from him holding my hand or stroking my back/hair. It's a different feeling now. We have the "blah" kisses in our daily routine; but we also make time for the special moments when it is just us. I think of how lucky I am to still be married to my best friend and get warm and fuzzy inside. It is something you have to keep working at.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• You need to do something to bring the excitement back. I've been married for over 12 years and we went thru a period of blah around 6-7 years in. Do something exciting. Do the do outside or somewhere you KNOW you could get caught. Or just switch up the time of day or try new positions. ACT like teens again. Be silly and reckless and make a big to-do about your relationship. Have fun with each other again!
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 11:01 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I've been married almost 5 years and I still get that feeling. My husband and I are still so much in love!
    alaskaice

Answer by alaskaice at 11:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• I remind myself of those days and it brings back the feelings. I'm married to a man I was certain would never give me a second glance. So when we got together it was AMAZING. I remember aching inside for his love. And I still do because I love him so much. Maybe take a little time each day to lie down and think about the days that you felt that way. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to remember and start feeling it again. I do this every night before I go to sleep and I wake up feeling sooo good! Good luck on getting those old feelings bad.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 11:17 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• same here. i dont even care for the kisses its just like whatever
    Anonymous

• I'm still crazy about my hubby. Our friends always make fun of us when we all go out together. They say we act like a couple of highschool kids, that we can't keep our eyes and hands off eachother.
    DanaLamborn

Answer by DanaLamborn at 11:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• my hubby and i have been married 4 years working on baby number two and yes i still get that feeling. he has been gone 2 weeks will be home on the 5 and i am so nervous and excited i cant stand it. its driving me CRAZY!!!!
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 11:36 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• My hubby and I have been together for 10 yrs (married 9) and I still get that feeling......sometimes. And that's ok. You can not maintain that thrill always it would be exhausting. But I am with crazy. You need to do something diff. I know sometimes we just make out. With the understanding NO SEX. The way when you were starting out! Sometimes a rut is the problem. Do you ever spend time apart? When my dh went out truck driving I missed him so much that I appreciated him that much more!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• oh yes, i get that feeling everytime he kisses me.
    ta2danya

Answer by ta2danya at 2:07 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Your husband still kisses you?! Mine hardly ever does. It's like he has forgotten how. All he ever wants is sex and that is the only thing we do together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Nov. 3, 2008