What am I supposed to do with a 3 month old in Vegas?

We will be flying across country in a few weeks and have a 4 hour layover in Las Vegas. I know what I'd do! But what would you do with a 3 month old for that long?? Also, I there's a billion questions about traveling with babies but how well does sucking on a bottle/pacifier really help their ears? I'm still afraid he'll scream!

jessicarae787

Asked by jessicarae787 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Travel

• You know how grown-ups chew gum on flights? Chewing gum stimulates saliva production, which maes us swallow, and our ears stay popped. Babies sucking causes them to swallow and their ears will stay popped. Also, if your little one is asleep he won't feel a thing. We went from LA to Chicago when our son was 6 months and he did really well. He slept for most of it. I'm thinking with a 3 month old it'll be easier because they sleep alot more and aren't as mobile. Our friends brought their 18 month old with them on that trip and had it rougher because he was walking and wanted to explore. As for what to do in Vegas, I would have said go to the pool, but you need hotel access. At MGM there's the lion exhibit and a Rainforrest Cafe.
    CarynZ

Answer by CarynZ at 2:32 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• honest, 3-4 hours is not enough time to leave the airport. you will have to go back thru security, and have you been to vegas lately? it was about an hour long wait to get thru all that when we came thru in october.
    there are some shops and some slots right there in the airport, so just make do. sorry, but you really dont have time!! not with a baby too!
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2008