Do you ever feel like some of the moms on here take Cafemom WAY too seriously?

I mean...seriously. I have seen some arguments and statements that have made me crack up because of their intensity. It's ridiculous. I like this site, but damn, it's still only a forum! Why do some users give the other moms so much power over their emotions? Am I the only one who has noticed this?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 9:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in About CafeMom

• YES..... And they need to crank their sensitivity level down a few notches, too.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• There was one today not happy with my suggestion. In my way of thinking if you don't want help, then don't ask for it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• eh...maybe its time for new blood. i mean, it seems that the same people who constantly get into arguments are the same ones who complain about the others. the same rude gals go after the same targets..when you're part of Da Family (try to that like Da Godfadda would), you get to know who's going after who. some people's passions are stronger than others.
    fortunately, like anon said, you can always get up and go do something else. a few questions down the line, and the topic has changed.
    just breathe and be glad you don't have to deal with people like this IRL...i mean, i'd love to have "X'' as my neighbor, but i'd hate having "Y" as a neighbor. KWIM?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:55 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I've seen a few responses today which made me second guess some of the mothers up here. I'm not one for arguing and I really don't like to see it in posts, it's childish if you ask me. It is just a social network, only difference is the majority of the people are moms or moms to be. i would think taht having children would help mature some people but they're up here reacting in the same manner as their kids would.

I still love the site tho :) The good definitely outweighs the bad!
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 10:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Some do. Especially in the Politics section. I like adding my opinions there but once it becomes a back and forth fest, I don't even bother answering the question. Even if it is a good question.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:32 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Yep. Abso-freakin-lutely.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:24 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think there are some who are way to intense.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• shruggingI have seen some gals agitated today with responses but I havent been on that long tonight to see the rude ones. If it starts getting to you,, get up and go do something else. Thats what works for me!

Anonymous

• Me.

Yes, I think that quite often.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Yes, it gets quite intense, but also, everyone on here is a REAL person and this is REAL life, not just a game. I dont think many people actually realize that, seeing as how they say things on here they would never really say to someones face.
    babystew

Answer by babystew at 9:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010