Anyone finally catch neighbor on camera on your property before?

I've been put in a couple of situations where it was their word against mine. So I followed the law and put up signs saying cameras are posted. They apparantly didn't believe it and I caught them trespassing and breaking the law.

Anyone else have stories of "caught on tape"?

thelowlander

Asked by thelowlander at 9:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, we had a neighbor who called the cops every time our son played in the backyard - he was 3 at the time - and complained that our dog was barking. They also threatened to kill our dog and our son. The jerk even threatened to "Beat Me" with his penis. I told him if he intended to keep "it" attached to his body I had better not ever see it. Long story.....we took them to court for a Protective Restraining Order and showed proof that the goofballs were coming over the fence and while in our yard were attacking and trying to injure our dog. We got the order, the neighbors divorced and and to sell the house. The judge even said that as long as the cameras are pointed at our house there is nothing anyone can do to make us take them down. They are still up and we have caught a handful of idiots breaking the law and have turned them in along with a copy of their actions in living color. No one messes with us anymore.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• We don't have a camera yet but we came home from work early one fall day to see our neighbor trying to steal a lawnmower out of our backyard. He was croutching down hoping it looked like it was pushing itself. Other neighbors are considering putting cameras up becasue they are going to be on vacation the entire month of December and want to have some protection. Yes, we called the police and pretty much they did nothing they have since paid attention to them because they are on crank and pop pills and deal drugs in front of the neighborhood kids,etc...
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 10:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Great that you did this, now you can prove it. If they allow that in court.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:01 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• No, but I am looking forward to having a video taping thingy put in our apartment and every side of it on the outside, because I am sure we will catch some nosy people on tape!
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My parents' neighbors have seen their next door neighbors with cameras (still photography) photographing what they thought to be across the property lines. The stories are quite humorous.
    bryncalyn

Answer by bryncalyn at 9:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010