S/O If you spank at home, what do you do when your kids are bad in public?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• My kids are 8, 10 and 12. The way the world is today I don't spank in public. But if I give them a certain look. They know what to expect when they get home.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• i spank him, if he needs it. it wouldn't matter where we were. ( i didn't read the initial post.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I spank them if and when they need to be punished. If I am soft on them when we are out then they will keep acting up when we are out. I let them know that I am the boss and not them, no matter where we are.
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I do spank, but I rarely have to .... It depends what they do when we are in public as to what their punishment is....if it would come to needing a "whippin" i would just do it.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I dont spank at home or anywhere. My kids are only 1 & 2 at the moment and I dont think I will ever spank as a form of punishment. This question just reminded me of a visit to Target last night and this small child (I'd say around 3-4) was crying and all I heard come out of the moms mouth was your so lucky were aren't home so I can BEAT your ass. I was astonished and she just kept looking at the clothes and ignoring the boy. My thought was, well whats stopping you if your able to just blurt it out so loudly for anyone to hear.
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 10:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I rarely did spank at all but if my kids started acting up in public, we just went home. I really dislike it when kids are having fits in public and the parents do nothing....OR they smack the kids. then of course they WILL cry and scream even louder after being spanked. It does no good. Oh, and they say "I'll give you something to cry about" and spank them AGAIN ! The Ultimate in stupidity.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I give the same spanking in public that I give at home. Except for with one of my nephews, it gets the point across better with him to make him stand in time out in public,
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 10:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I disipline my son the same way in public as I do at home.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 10:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• ^^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^^
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 10:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I discipline the same everywhere. Why change it up? You should be equal with the punishment at home, public, shoot even in the car if they need it. Once you start to change it up or dont punish them in certain places then they catch on and thats when they act up the worse because they know you wont do anything, and they can get away with it. My son knows he dont get away with acting up anywhere, it is not tolorated.
    PjsMommy06

Answer by PjsMommy06 at 12:51 AM on Nov. 12, 2010