How do you cope with your emotions when they don't count?

I'm 29 yrs old, dh is 36, and ss 17. My ss lives with us and always. Dh and I have been together for 11yrs. Bm is in the picture but not a main figure. She only sees ss when convent for her. SS got his girlfriend pregnant and they are planing to have the baby. I have many issues here but they don't count. The living arrangments have not yet been discussed. Really the only ones discussing anything is my dh and girls mother. My issue besides the obvious is my ss depends on me and my dh for and to do EVERYTHING. What rights as sm do I have here really? I cook, clean, do his laundry, everything a mother would except he can't stand me. Most of the time I don't exsist to him. We cannot afford to support him, this girl, and a baby. I don't see him getting a job anytime soon (if ever) I'm overwhelmed with emotion I think I might cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Wth!! He's 17... Lean back!!! Let him grow up and learn how to be a man. I'll be damn if I clean up after a grown man that ain't my husband!! And you should discuss your feelings with your husband!!
    mommyg24

Answer by mommyg24 at 11:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• At this point I think you need to talk to your husband. He needs know what your concerns are and what you are thinking.

Good Luck with everything and know it is okay to cry!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• have a good cry, that is okay.
    are you and dh disagreeing on how to handle this?
    on really big issues i have found my dh to do a complete 360 after he has had time to think about things.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• hugs

Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 6:43 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Honey, you lost me with those SS & BM But go ahead and cry, Crying releases toxins. And remember all of your emotions count, God wouldn't have given them if they didn't. Talk to your husband.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 10:37 AM on Nov. 12, 2010