screaming

my daughter is around 14 months now, and when shew as 7 months she went through tthis squeling stage,but thank the Lord we got her out of it....so I thought. Now she is screaming when she is throwing a fit, or if there isnt anything going on. When it is just us at the house it isnt too bad I can ignore her if she keeps on after I tell her to stop but I cant do that in public. And man does she hit some high notes in the grocery store and mommy gets all the looks!
Any advice as to why shes doing this and HOW TO MAKE her stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what i did every time my oldest kid screamed like that, i smacked her in the mouth. after a few times, she stopped. now when i say smack, i mean a quick, but soft pat over the lips just a hair harder than when u blow kisses.
    my 3 yr old still does it occasionally, but she does it to get a rile out of me. if i smack her, i am just feeding her desire. so i just ignore her. its hard when ur in a public place. but thats what it takes for her.
    Anonymous

• well normally ive been just littly popping her with 2 fingers on her lips and ill say Shh or no mama, sometimes she stops and other times shell wait for me to pull away and scream again
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2010