which school

i hear that the bst schools are the catholic schools privat school but the public schools are bad. both my sons went to public school and they graduated and did college and are truly good sons.

gianna530

Asked by gianna530 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in

• i like charter schools they are a public school. It is free to go there. you are required to work 4 hours a month to help out the teachers or do what ever to help out when you can.
    coolmom138

Answer by coolmom138 at 12:06 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I think it depends on where you are. The public schools where I live are great. I moved to where I live because of the public school system here. But where I grew up, the school wasn't terrible. I think it is what you make it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:29 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• it all depends. in my area (in the country), there are amazing public schools and hense the private schools have low populations and are closing rapidly. who would pay for the education - if you can get a really quality one for free. but if you go to the city in my area, the schools are scary!! (i mean the public ones) and charter schools thrive because people fear sending their kids to the public systems. i went to public school, i graduated with honors from college. a lot of it depends on the kid too, some children can learn in any environment and some need more supports too.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:21 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It depends where you live. It also depends on the teachers in the schools. I went to Catholic school for 9 years and had amazing teachers. I know people who went to Catholic schools who had horrible teachers and did better in public schools. My son goes to a charter high school and it is an amazing school. For the 9-12th grades there are 440 kids and there will NEVER be more, it is part of the charter license. He attends a Delta Prolect school. It was started by Bill and Maria Gates. It is handson, project based. They are requried to do 15 hours of community service a year in order to graduate. It also depends on what the child needs to thrive in school. My son would never make it in a high school with almost 3000 students in it. He needs a smaller environment.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010