?

my baby is 4 days old and when she eats she spits it back up...
and i think she is having trouble pooping what can i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How much is she spitting up? If it's not that much it is probably normal. Make sure you burp her several times while feeding so gas doesn't build up in her belly and you might try keeping her semi-reclined for a while after eating. If it worsens you can mention it to your ped at the 1 or 2 week visit.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:08 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• Does she seemed satisfied after she eats? Or does she cry? It may seem like she isn't getting enough even though she is. If you are using formula, you may want to try a new kind.

Don't panic yet. Her little body hasn't had to do these things yet.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• she spits everytime she eats and i burp her alot..she still does it...
    Anonymous

• Oops, I meant these things until now.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:10 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• she seems to be but she still likes to eat her hands but i try to feed her and he dont want it...i am using pro sobe,thats the only kind she can hold down good
    Anonymous

• My dd is a spitter and still is ( she is 6 mo old) just stick with a formula. If it seems painful or excessive crying then I would call the doc. My dd had trouble pooping too. 1teaspoon of dark karo syrup in every bottle will help that. Good luck
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• My son, 7 months old now, had GERDS really bad. He was twitching, and having trouble pooping, etc. What we had to do was take him completely off Similac formula (Advanced, Isomil, everything) and try him on plain old Enfamil with Lipils. Talk to your doc about GERDS, watch for signs such as holding the head back so the neck is stretched, and others too. You can look it up. It's pretty frequent and can be cured with some simple changes. DL was on Zantac for 3 months before we figured out it was the similac. He used to scream, have "butt bleeding" constipation, and spit up his whole stomach load. Check w/ your doc deff.
    DLucas4108

Answer by DLucas4108 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 3, 2008