how can you tell when your fertile?

I am 24. Never had a regular period. I was on the birth control for about a year. I just came off of it about 2 months ago. Still no period... Before I went on the birth control me and my ex fiance at the time tried for 6 months or more and still nothing happened. Now me and my current bf of 6 months have finally decided to stop using protection and hope for a child.

So my question is: How can i tell when i am ovulating with no signs of a period?

kritter2003

Asked by kritter2003 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 2, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• go to pregnancy.com and go to the due date caculation tool and put in your first day of your last period and it will tell you the best time to get prego.
    GOOD LUCK=)
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 11:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2008

• There are ovulation test kits that you can buy in the section with the pregnancy tests. You may want to go to your ob/gyn to have them check for ovarian cysts. I have fairly regular cycles while on the pill, but as soon as I get off of it, I get horrible cysts & have crazy irregular periods. You may need to take provera to stimulate your body to have a period. If you were having regular periods, you could go to www.mymonthlycycles.com & track your periods, fertile days, ovulation, etc. Good luck!!!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:10 AM on Nov. 3, 2008

• The ovulation predictor kits can help, but they can be a little difficult to read. There are many different ways to determine when you're ovulating, like checking your cervical mucus. It can be gross for some women, because you pretty much have to stick your fingers up as far inside yourself as you can get them, and look at the discharge. When you ovulate, you have an eggwhite consistency of your CM.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2008