Do women who work feel like they are superior to stay at home mom's?

Do they feel that if a sahm gets abused it's their own fault because they should be working?I'm just curious if that it what is really in the back of their mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't think most feel that way. I think most are just trying to do what they can for their families, just like me (a SAHM). I think some wish they could stay home, but have to work for financial reasons. Others prefer to work because that's what they enjoy. I don't think MOST working moms disdain stay at home moms at all. Some do, but most are just like you and me :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• The friends I have that work think I'm poor,lol.... So they always tell me, it's okay you don't have to pay, or we understand you stay home, so it's no big deal,lol... I tell them I'm fine, but I guess because I don't make my "own" money, I don't have any..lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• no way, why would you think that?? they work just as hard at home looking after the family.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 10:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• you have it backwards, mothers who stay at home think less of mothers who work!!!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• If anything I think it's the other way around. SAHMs tend to feel superior because they are home while working moms aren't. And I say that as a SAHM... Although I wish I could be a working mom!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• That's not always true pookipoo... I admire the Moms I know that work, and take care of everything at home. It has to be hard to deal with a job, and then go home and have the energy to take care of kids, house, etc... Especially when their Hubby's don't lift a finger, and they are doing it all... I have a lot of respect for both SAHMs, and Working Moms...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I work at home. I'm jealous of moms who don't have to work. I hate working. Even though my DD is almost always with me, I still wish i could have mothering and being a home maker be my only job.

Most of my friends who work away from home really miss their children and hate their jobs too. I'm sure some women who work really love working.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I wish I was a SAHM. My husband is a SAHD, and I can definitely say....BOTH jobs are hard. I respect all parents who do everything they can to make sure their child has the best life possible.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• I work outside of the home about 35 hours a week. My bf is the stay at home dad. I have been a hard worker since I was 15. I have never thought I was better than a sahm, I give them a lot of credit for being able to stay at home all of the time and take care of the house and the kids. I don't have the patience to stay at home all the time, and I consider going to work a little break from my 3 kids and it really is the only me time that I get. I wish i were the type of person who could stay home, because even though I work I still have to come home and clean the house, do the laundry and all that other fun stuff. At least if I stayed home I might not be so worn out after doing all of that. Kudo's to you moms who are able to stay at home!!
    lilcutiepie2578

Answer by lilcutiepie2578 at 10:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Hmm? I don't see why they would believe they would be abused why bc they have to work and they don't (jealous maybe) IDK?
    Some woman love to work and some wish they could stay home IDK
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2010