is it true they can harm baby if they turn them in A "REVERSAL"when baby is breech, give me feed back ...?

guera1977

Asked by guera1977 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Anytime a doctor intervenes with the natural process a baby can be harmed. The liklihood of it happening is slim though, because doctors are not only experienced, but are taught how to do it properly.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• Are you talking about an external Version?
    It can be risky to you and baby but most OB's that offer this are very skilled in doing it, so the risks will be minimal. It certainly is a lot less risky then doing a c-section for breech. Consider your self lucky to have a care provider willing to help turn a breech baby instead of resorting directly to major abdominal surgery.

also, check out www.spinningbabies.com to helpful tips on getting baby to turn without a version.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:12 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• It is still much less risky than a C Section which is what most doctors will push if they can not get the baby turned. It is not a fun procedure, but it does often times work - especially if it's early enough.

Other things you can try - get on all fours and crawl around for 10 minutes a few times per day. When the baby is active lay on your back with your hips propped up by a pillow and then put music or your voice recording at the bottom of your belly. You can also put a really warm cloth there, babies get attracted to the sound and heat.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 8:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• I don't know but I have seen many horses and cows delivering breech and my father always pushed them back in and pulled the head out first. I don't remember having any problems with the calves or baby horses.
    depressedmom65

Answer by depressedmom65 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 12, 2010