my 3 yr will fall asleep in his on bed.. but like clock work around 5 am he COMES to our bed and climbs in

I ADMIT IT I LOVE SNUGGLING WITH HIM. i know sooon enough he wont want to snuggle with mommy
my ? is what age is to old to let your child climb into bed with u?
THANK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 11:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is 4 and still does that some nights. Problem is, I don't notice until I get up for the day and he is there. I talk to him every morning about he needs to stay in his bed not come in ours, but he just doesn't get it or doesn't care! It isn't that I mind so much, he falls asleep in his own bed every night and just comes to ours in the early morning, but my husband hates it and he can't be doing this for much longer, he is just too big!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 11:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• my son does the same thing. to get him to stop coming into our bed, I go with him into his bed sometimes (he has a full size bed). I know he is getting older, but i know his wanting to snuggle with me won't last forever:) I say enjoy it as long as you want, mama- I know I will:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• let them laugh , let them giggle , let them sleep in the middle ......let them be little
    maymummy

Answer by maymummy at 11:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• May mummy. that is sooooo sweet.... AND soooo cute. AND it made me go and give my ryder baby a big hug and kiss...
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• DS does it too sometimes...Dh is working nights right now, so when he gets home, he takes DS back to his room. But when he's not on nights, we let DS stay. DS usually goes to DH's side of the bed first, and DH loves to snuggle with our babies as much as I do. =)
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 11:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2010

• My daughter does this all the time- at 2 a.m. and then 5 a.m. At 2 I take her back to her bed, and she goes right to sleep. When she comes in at 5 I just let her stay until it's time to get up. After all, she's not going to be little forever and want to do that forever, right?
    Arielles_Mommy

Answer by Arielles_Mommy at 12:34 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• Trust they will get to an age where sleeping with you is just not the in thing to do. My son does it every now and then and he is two. His pillow pal is our dog ( I hate it but he is two and it works) so as long as the dog id there and nothing scares him he stays in his room. But my husband was a 5 year kid who slept with his kids he says it was kindergarten that made him need to be with his parents too many kids telling crazy stories. We will see!

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 10:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My DD is 3 and does the same thing. I let her, it won't be long now before it won't be cool anymore to sleep with mom lol. Enjoy snuggling with them while you can.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2010

• My son is 4 years old and always gets up when my dh gets up. He will then run down the hallway and jump in bed and sleep till I get up.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2010